Monday – Easy 9 miles on the treadmill (average pace – 8:33 min/mile) + 30 Day Shred Level 1
Tuesday – 10 miles with 4 x 1200 m @ 5k race pace with 400 m recovery on the treadmill (average pace – 7:47 min/mile) + 30 Day Shred Level 1
Wednesday – Easy 8 miles on the treadmill (average pace – 8:33 min/mile)
Thursday – 30 Day Shred Level 1
Friday – 11 mile tempo run on the treadmill with 7 miles at marathon pace (average pace – 7:54 min/mile) + 30 Day Shred Level 1
Saturday – 5 mile easy run OUTSIDE at 4 AM (average pace – 8:37 min/mile) + 5 mile easy run OUTSIDE in the afternoon (average pace – 8:35 min/mile) + 30 Day Shred Level 1
Sunday – 14 mile long run OUTSIDE (average pace – 8:08 min/mile) + 30 Day Shred Level 2
- I bet you’re all shocked to hear that I’m sick of the treadmill. It’s been a nice option for speed days when I’m unsure if it’s going to be icy outside and I will be running in the dark but I miss doing my easy runs outside. I’m hoping that this cold streak breaks soon but the 10 day forecast isn’t very promising. Until then, I’ll keep wearing my 3 layers on my short jog to the gym each morning.
- Speaking of, do you guys run to the gym and do you count that mileage towards your run? I definitely do. The gym is about 0.4 miles from my apartment so most days I make sure to run back and forth and then count that 0.8 towards my total mileage. It makes the run faster (as opposed to walking) and then I have fewer miles to run on the treadmill.
- By Saturday, I was determined to run outside… so much so that I woke up at 4 to squeeze in 5 miles before going to Evanston for early morning lab (I had to do two labs on Saturday to make up for the one I missed to run F^3). It seemed like a great idea and I was soooo happy to be outside but the early wake up left me exhausted the rest of the day and Sunday. I haven’t been prioritizing sleep lately like I did last summer and I need to be better about it. I’m unhappy when I’m super tired and my runs suffer (which is less important than the happiness point, but still…). I’m currently brainstorming about how to make this happen.
- Given the above, on Sunday I woke up and didn’t want to do anything but lounge on the couch and eat all day long. Unfortunately, it was not in the cards. I procrastinated my run but had to be productive during the day and by the time I got outside, I’d eaten a bunch of food that is not generally run-safe for me. My run wasn’t as awful as I thought it’d be but it definitely wasn’t a “good” run.
- I finished Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred this week and I’m still enjoying it. Although, I started level 2 on Sunday and it was a lot harder and involved a lot more shoulder stuff than level 1. It’s going to be more of a struggle to keep up with it for the next 10 days.