1. The first few days of my staycation were wonderful. I kept thinking that I could get used to having free time, working out whenever I want, watching day time t.v. etc. Yesterday I got bored and started a bake-a-thon. I have two more days + a weekend before work starts, the question is how much more can I bake?
2. Another nut butter bit the dust earlier this week and made the perfect receptacle for overnight oats in a jar.
I only have three nut butters in rotation right now. My tastebuds are unhappy but I’m sure my bank account doesn’t mind.
3. Yesterday I had a swimming PDR –> 3,000 m! I actually really enjoyed it and wanted to swim the extra 200 m to hit about 2 miles but some strange man hopped in my lane and started running along one side doing high knees. This bothered me for a lot of reasons (he could have asked – I would have said yes, he wasn’t switching sides of the lane, & he wasn’t even swimming) and I had to get out of the water before I did something drastic like accidentally kick a lot of water at him.
4. Speaking of working out, my abs are burning from the whittle my middle challenge I talked about yesterday. I was hoping to do day 3 of my 5 this morning but I was too sore. Maybe later?
5. Veggie burger salads have made epic lunches this week. The one below is now different. I topped butter lettuce and raddichio with sweet potato, mushrooms, and a veggie burger. The dressing is a mix of hummus and Bone Suckin’ Sauce. Delicious!
6. My one eye had been bothering me a lot every night when I take out my contacts. I think I must have a small cut on my eye. Either way it’s annoying and I’ve been sleeping with a cold paper towel over my eye at night to soothe the pain. Lucky Ian, his girlfriend is soo attractive. (I have an eye appt today and will ask about it)
7. Last night I made a vegetarian paella. It was really tasty and gave me the opportunity to cook beans from scratch and you know what? It wasn’t nearly as scary as I thought it would be. It just needed a little extra prep work.
I had some paella for dinner with a half-assed massaged kale salad.
I ended up going back for more paella, it was pretty good!
8. I haven’t run since last Sunday and I’m going crazy! I know the break was needed and will be worth it but I’m definitely going a little stir-crazy. I actually spent almost two hours last night working on my Goofy Race and a Half training plan. It’s almost finished and starts the second week in August. I’ll be sure to share more details then.
9. Speaking of running, is anyone else doing the Big 10k this Saturday? Originally I was planning on racing it but now I think I’m going to treat it as a training run and take lots of pictures instead . The weather looks awesome too, I can’t wait!
10. A month ago, Ian and I bought a Groupon for a cleaning service and they’re coming today. Neither Ian nor myself really enjoy cleaning and we do what we can to “straighten up”, sweep, and vaccum when necessary we don’t really get down and scrub the floors or clean under the fridge like we should. I’m looking forward to having that new apartment feel again.
11. It’s crazy how different cycling classes can be. I’ve been to two this week (same gym) and the one I went to this morning was a lot harder than the one on Tuesday morning. I get that workouts are different but you think they would have a standardized plan of what should be included in each class. Especially at the same gym. The other interesting this is today’s class was much less crowded than Tuesdays. Hmm..
12. I figured that I would get creative with breakfast during my staycation. Well, besides my Tuesday morning pancakes, I’ve been pretty boring and have eaten a lot of overnight oats.
This morning I had a batch with 1/3 cup oats, 1 T chia seeds, few shakes of cinnamon, 1/2 a sliced banana, handful of blueberries, a few blackberries, two sliced strawberries, 1 tsp sunflower seeds, and 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk.
I topped them with homemade granola and a drizzle of maple syrup. Totally hit the spot.
Any ideas on how to keep busy these next two days? Are you running the Big 10k? Which team are you supporting?