1. The old blog has gone through a few changes this week. I’m not in love with it yet but I hope a few more tweaks will do the trick. I wanted something clean and simple but I can’t settle on a background color. I went through about 30 different colors testing them out so my apologies if you stumbled on my page while I was playing around!
I’m also planning on changing around the blog content a bit. I’ve gone from posting multiple times a day, to once a day, to aiming for three posts a week (M, W, F), and I’m still not sure which I prefer. I miss documenting more of the day-to-day running-related stuff so I may go back to posting more frequently but we shall see. I ask for a little patience as I figure out a routine that fits me best.
2. I’m going on vacation! I’m heading to my mom’s in Michigan tomorrow (Megabus FTW) and spending a few days in my old stomping grounds. We’re heading up north mid-week to visit a few of our favorite places and then next weekend Ian is joining us (he couldn’t take a week off work sadly). I’m pretty excited to get out of the city a bit, visit with family, and relax. I foresee lots of run-exploring and frequent naps!
So. much. wind. in. Petoskey.
3. A few months ago, I read Matt Fitzgerald’s Racing Weight: How to Get Lean for Peak Performance.
I didn’t love a few of the stories of elites who seemed to walk a fine line between discipline and disordered eating but I learned a lot about the components of a healthy endurance athlete’s diet. Want to know the secret? Carbs on carbs on carbs. It was super refreshing to read a book published recently that wasn’t carb-shaming! Since I’m trying all sort of new things this training cycle, I decided to give his method of eating a shot and I have to say that it’s been fairly successful for me. I have more energy, feel better during my workouts, and don’t feel any heavier .. in fact, I actually feel a bit leaner (I do not own a scale so I have no way of knowing if I weigh more or less but my guess is I’m at the same weight). Moral of this
story blog rant: carbs are not evil!
4. I’m officially on team Orange is the New Black but I don’t think watching That 70′s Show will ever be the same again.
5. Sonic is due for his annual vet appointment so while trying to schedule online, I decided to update his Pet Portal (yes, my vet has pet portals). I started going through kitten photos and OMG, I forgot how tiny he was!
What are your weekend plans?