Not every meal can look pretty. In fact some meals that are downright delicious may actually look pretty disgusting.
Take for example, brussels sprouts. I love brussels sprouts, and I love them even more thrown on top of salads and covered in BBQ sauce. But the resulting pictures? Pretty gross. They don’t do the meal justice.
I’ve been craving brussels sprouts for awhile so tonight I decided to make a brussel sprout salad for dinner. I topped some arugula with roasted brussels sprouts (olive oil, sea salt, pepper & cheese- added at the end), and roasted potatoes from last week. I added a huge spoonful of tahini to the middle and then poured Bone Suckin’ Sauce over everything.
Like I said, it may look gross but it was so delicious going down.
Dessert was simple, ricotta cheese, pumpkin butter, and pumpkin granola.
I’ve been retagged a few times in the 11 random things and instead of redoing it or ignoring the tag, I figured I’d share a few more random things about me and then you all can comment back with random stuff about you. Sound good?
(1) I have a car (a white VW bug) but its not in Chicago. I drove it back to Michigan before Christmas because I hate driving in Chicago, was sick of getting tickets/worrying about street cleaning, and I didn’t want this to happen again.
(2) I travelled to Nepal last Spring. It’s hot in Nepal and you have to wear long skirts. Also you should never ever let anything thats ever been near water touch your lips. Trust me.
(3) I love chocolate, especially cheap chocolate like almond joys, crackles, and m&m’s. If this picture were telling the truth, I’d be holding a huge reeses cup.
(4) I enjoy reading for pleasure but I usually don’t have time during the semester. I’m currently reading The Kitchen House, it’s really good so far.
(5) My first marathon was the Detroit Marathon in 2009. I’m still not sure why this happened but when I finished I felt really dizzy and shakey. About 20 minutes later I started projectile vomiting in the middle of a busy road downtown. Afterwards I felt totally fine, better than ever, I’d just finished a marathon! My mom proceded to take this picture and washed my medal when we got home. Thankfully, this hasn’t been a repeat event.
Your turn, tell me some things about you!