Good morning and happy Monday . The weekend always seems to fly by doesn’t it?
I’m starting my day off with a bowl of cereal: 1/2 cup Multi-grain O’s, 1/2 cup Toasted Oat Flakes, raisins, walnuts, banana, chia seeds, a peanut butter spoon, and unsweetened almond milk
I know it seems like a ridiculous amount of fancy-ing up for a bowl of cereal, but it’s the only way that cereal will keep me full for awhile.
As it’s Monday and has officially been a week since I made my first set of Monday goals, I’d like to revisit them to see how I’ve done:
Monday Goals, 2/27/2012
1. Get in bed every night by 11 p.m., no exceptions. I can stay awake in bed but I must physically be there by 11. I managed to get myself in bed every night before 11 except for Saturday night (but I’m pretty sure I fell asleep on the couch before 11 anyway), it made a huge difference, even if I wasn’t asleep by 11. I slept better and felt more rested during the week.
2. Avoid mindless snacking, especially on higher calorie foods like granola. Constantly snacking makes me feel gross and I need to learn to differentiate real hunger from boredom/stress. I did pretty good with this until my heel started hurting and my emotions took over, mastering this goal is always going to be difficult and I made a good attempt last week to stop.
3. Listen to my body. It’s no doubt that I pushed myself yesterday, so this week I need to take it easy and if my body is sore/tired, respect it. This may include cutting back on some mileage and that’s ok, there is no need to force an over-use injury. I have to say that I wish I hadn’t had to do this . Unfortunately, heel pain forced me to take a break from running and I was pretty successful except for a run on Friday that probably shouldn’t have happened.
And now this week’s goals!
Monday Goals, 03/05/2012
1. Get in bed every night by 11 p.m.
2. Avoid mindless snacking, especially on higher calorie foods like granola.
3. Play with Sonic for 15 minutes every night before bed. He’s been waking me up in the morning or playing too much while we’re trying to go to sleep, but I’ve noticed the nights where we play before bed (as opposed to earlier) he lets me sleep
4. Every night think of one positive thing that happened during the day and write it down. It’s no surprise I’m upset and my heel and not running but just because my foot hurts doesn’t mean thee aren’t other good things going on in my life. I’m hoping to shift my attention to them and away from my foot.
Time to get ready for the day, do you have any weekly goals?