I haven’t yet posted my training for last week but it should be up later today or tonight. I will most likely back post it and link to the page in this post so keep your eyes out if you enjoy reading those recaps. I back posted my training from last week and you can read about it here.
2. On Friday night Ian and I went out to Pasta Bowl to have a nice, relaxed dinner. The Pasta Bowl is actually where Ian and I had our first date so even though it’s not our favorite restaurant in the city, we have some good memories there .
I started off with a glass of wine and Ian and I split sauteed calamari in an olive oil and garlic sauce. For my meal, I enjoyed their vegetarian salad (grilled veggies, olives) and Ian had their gnocchi. We were both happy campers.
3. I managed to sleep in until after 9 on Saturday morning and while I could have kept sleeping, I woke up starving. I wanted to make something special and different from my usual weekday breakfasts but I was incredibly indecisive and eventually just ended up making a big old bowl of pb2 oatmeal.
4. Saturday morning was incredibly lazy. Ian and I just lounged around in our pjs until the Michigan vs. Northwestern game started at 11. Unfortunately, while I was sitting on the couch I did something to my back and spent most of the game face-up on my yoga mat on the wood floor trying not to twist my body the wrong way. Not fun.
5. A hours and two Tylenol later I decided to try to go out for a run. Surprisingly the 6 miler didn’t hurt my back (although it didn’t make it any better) and I had a good run. My Garmin was dead so I tried out a new to me app, RunKeeper and I actually liked it. If I didn’t have a Garmin, I’d probably use it all the time. I was also in love with the fact that I could run in shorts in November. Crazy.
6. I pretty much snacked my way through Saturday afternoon and by the time dinner rolled around I wasn’t too hungry. With a long run on Saturday morning I figured I should eat something so Ian and I walked over to Pita Heaven for a light dinner. Honestly, I forgot how much I liked Pita Heaven the first time we went over a year ago. I ordered the Mediterranean salad that was topped with avocado, cherry tomatoes, dates, almond slices, and peppers. Usually it comes with feta cheese but I asked for it without. I also gave my pita bread to Ian.
7. After dinner Ian and I finished Arrested Development. I’m so bummed. I miss it already. I can’t wait until the Netflix-only episodes are released next Spring. I’ve also heard talk of a movie *fingers crossed*.
8. On Sunday I woke up and my back/shoulder/neck was still really hurting. I decided to try to squeeze in my 16 miler anyway and fueled up.
My shoulder didn’t get better but it also didn’t get worse so I kept running. I probably should have skipped it entirely though and my body was not happy with me. My back hurt, my legs were tired, and I was just mentally not in it. To make things even better, my sports bra chafed my mid-back and I didn’t even feel it until I stepped into the shower and it burned. Lovely.
9. Post-run I was in a bad mood and despite my back “injury” I decided to deep clean our kitchen. I pulled everything out of the cabinets and cleaned them and also scrubbed our microwave and toasted oven. It feels so good to have a really clean kitchen.
10. Finally after my cleaning frenzy and a shower, I sat down to my post-run meal, a huge salad with avocado, butternut, roasted & salted pecans, hemp seed, and TJs goddess dressing. Amazing. [I also had a piece of cornbread + some cereal].
11. Sunday was spent running errands, laying down with Icy Hot bandages on my back, and watching lots of Breaking Amish. Eventually I decided it was time for dinner and whipped up some spaghetti squash bad thai. I liked this recipe but it wasn’t peanut-ty enough for me and I ended up adding some pb2 to the sauce.
12. Dessert was one of my new favorite combinations: pumpkin + 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder, pumpkin pie spice, maple syrup, roasted & salted pecans, and Enjoy Your Life chocolate chips with a spoonful of peanut butter. Yum!
13. I woke up early this morning to gauge the status of my back. Unfortunately it’s not getting much better and I decided to take some time today to get it checked out. Bummer. While waiting for the doctor’s office to open, I ate some waffles topped with crunchy peanut butter, banana slices, and maple syrup. Delicious!
What did you do this weekend?