1. After a long weekend in Denver and an exhausting week, all I wanted to do on Friday was relax and go to bed early (I know, party animal over here). So Ian and I did just that. We watched some Arrested Development, I read my book, Ian played video games, and I even made some sunflower seed + pepita butter in my food processor!
2. I actually slept in on Saturday morning and woke up at 8:45 to an alarm. It’s been a while since that’s happened. I went out for a run and then sat down to a delicious bowl of peanut butter overnight oats (thanks Megan for sharing the recipe!)
The Lit Fest is a free festival in Chicago where independent/small local bookstores put up stands and sell new and used books at a discount price. There are also readings, a food tent, and lots of other miscellaneous things like old movie posters, magazines, etc. It’s a blast! I ended up picking up quite a few reads too, all for under $25.
I actually bought the top book at Tattered Cover but the rest are from the lit fest.
4. Ian and I decided to try La Luce, a new-to-us Italian restaurant, on Saturday night.
I had a glass of chianti, Ian and I split an order of grilled calamari, and then I had an order of the chicken limone. It was a lot of food and I’m happy that I was able to take home leftovers!
5. On Sunday I slept in later than planned and headed out for a longish run. When I get back, Ian and I had breakfast and then stopped at Sip Cafe on our way to go grocery shopping to pick up some iced coffee. We’ve been to Sip Cafe a few times but I’ve never noticed the bathroom door before….
This is a cafe I can stand behind :).
6. After grocery shopping and running some errands, Ian and I were hungry and decided to walk over to Carbon to have some lunch. We ended up splitting some guacamole and chips and then I had a chicken mole tamale and a steak taco.
I. love. tacos.
7. On our walk back home, we stopped to visit our favorite fruit man and pick up a few mangoes for Ian. He also had these tiny bananas that I couldn’t pass up.
Does anyone know what you’re supposed to do with these? Are they really just miniature bananas?
How was your weekend?