1. After meeting a big deadline last Thursday, my body crashed. I spent that evening loafing around on my couch, watching t.v., and starting a new book that I picked up when Ian and I visited Denver.
2. Speaking of t.v., the new season of Impractical Jokers started Thursday evening. Does anyone else watch that show? I think it’s absolutely hilarious and it often leaves me laughing so hard I’m crying. Sadly, the last episode wasn’t as funny as others.
3. On Friday night, I decided to actually cook a meal because well, it’s been a while. I decided to make Jerk Chicken with Fired Rice and Pineapple Salsa and it was fabulous and made me feel so fancy for making a meal with three components and then putting it together!
4. On Saturday, I hosted book club! We had a smaller group this time around and very few of us had read the book, Tender is the Night by Fitzgerald, so our book discussion was pretty limited. However, we had a great spread of food and even journeyed up to my rooftop to enjoy the beautiful weather and the view. I love catching up with the book club ladies and eating all of their delicious food!
5. After book club, Kelsey, Katie, Emily, and I ran a few errands and checked out Emily’s apartment that none of us had seen in the year or so that we’ve known Em. It was soo nice to be out and about and to spend some time with my girlfriends.
6. When I got home, Ian was still over at his friend’s house so Sonic and I cuddled on the couch for a bit and watched some t.v. He got a little excited when I switched the channel to Animal Planet though. The kittens on the screen were definitely intriguing.
7. I felt exhausted all weekend and unmotivated to do anything. On Sunday morning when I woke up and was getting ready to head out for my second 10 miler, I decided to cheer myself up by wearing ALL the colors.
8. As much as I wanted to lounge on the couch all of Sunday, Ian eventually convinced me out the door, to Sports Authority (so I could pick up a sports bikini), and then to Carbon for a tasty taco lunch. I got to be lazy later when I took a 2 hour nap before dinner. I haven’t done that in forever!
9. The winner of the Chicago Half Marathon Hyundai Hope on Wheels Race Entry Giveaway is…
If you didn’t win the race entry but are still interested in running, you can register with a $13.10 discount by clicking here to register and then entering code MKTBLG13. Happy running!