1. Earlier this week I received my confirmation of acceptance card in the mail for the Boston Marathon. I have to admit, even though my name has been on the entrant list since a few days after I registered I always get nervous that something went wrong during registration or somehow my name was left out etc. It was nice to get a reminder in the mail– if only the Goofy Challenge/Disney Marathon would do the same!
2. On Tuesday night Ian decided that he wanted pizza. We usually keep frozen dough and other ingredients on hand but we were all out so after a quick trip to the convenience store in our building, Ian returned with a DiGiorno. Unfortunately, we do not own a circular baking sheet so we had to get a little creative and used a flipped over circular casserole dish (so the solid side was up). Obviously neither of us really thought this through because as the dough softened it molded to the pan making a nice pizza casserole!
Ian said it tasted the same but the crusts were doughier. Hmmm….
3. I almost never go out to lunch during the week– in fact, yesterday was only the second time I’ve purchased lunch since starting my current job in late-July. Yesterday morning I was not feeling packing a lunch so I decided to pick one up from the fancy grocery store salad bar near my office. I felt like a kid in a candy store (flashback to college cafeterias) and I loaded up my salad with the most random things (raisins? ok! marinated mushrooms? sounds good!).
When I got back to my office though I was disappointed. First, my crazed put-everything-on-salad mindset hadn’t created a coherent meal and second, it did in fact taste like a college salad bar (nothing wrong with that but for almost $5 I should have picked up a salad elsewhere).
4. This week was a good week for mail. On Tuesday night I was informed that I had received a package and I was in no way expecting one (while I was/am but I knew it couldn’t have gotten there by them). Yay surprise package! I walked over to the package pick-up place in my building and found a large and somewhat heavy box. I was so excited to open it!
Turns out it my Muir Glen Tomato Gift Basket that I won from Blonde Bostonian. Yay, chili for everyone!
5. You know when you have a good idea for a meal so you make it and it looks good but unfortunately it doesn’t taste half as good as you thought it would? Yeah, that was my breakfast this morning.
I toasted two gf waffles and topped them with pumpkin mixed with protein powder, honey, and pumpkin pie spice, banana slices, and pb2 sauce. It looked so good but tasted kind of bland. Boo.
What are your plans this weekend? Ever won a blog giveaway?