Hey guys! Happy Friday and happy March 1st! Hopefully this means spring is right around the corner… I’m going to try to forget that it was snowing out on my morning run today . Anyway, this week was long and my brain is almost fried so let’s get to Friday things!
1. I love that pets have routines. Every morning when I wake up, Sonic gets up with me and keeps me company while I change and have a snack before working out. On most mornings, right when I’m about to leave, Sonic trots over to the “treat drawer” and I slip out the door while giving him a few treats. However, when I get back from working out, Sonic is usually nowhere to be seen. Why is that? He ALWAYS steals my spot in bed and when I walk in the bedroom he looks at me like, “sorry sucker, you wanted to get up early to work out”. The other morning, he had actually wedged himself under the sheets and was up near my pillow. Crazy kitty.
2. Ian surprised me this week and brought me home some Starbucks Dark Roast coffee. You have absolutely no idea how happy that made me! After I finished off my Blonde Roast and the two tins of TJs pumpkin roast, I’ve been drinking some old samples and a blend that tasted like burnt coffee. Yuck. The Dark Roast is a new to me fave so I’m super excited to enjoy a few cups today!
3. Last night, Ian and I had a pre-weekend date night and went out to dinner at DeColores, an upscale Mexican restaurant in Pilsen. Ian had actually been there before and enjoyed it, so when he saw the Groupon go on sale two weeks ago, he scooped it up right away.
To start, we split some made-to-order guacamole and fresh salsa with chips. I was debating between tacos and fajitas and ended up ordering the chicken fajitas with corn tortillas and a side of their famous mole sauce. Ian enjoyed their carne asada with chimmichurri sauce for dinner and then had a piece of famous Kristoffer’s tres leches caramel cake for dessert (I tried the caramel sauce- amazing!)
4. After dinner, Ian took me to City Winery to see Howie Day live. Neither of us are huge Howie Day fans but boy, was he awesome live. He had great openers and played a nice mix of new and old music. It was really fun! The venue was really cool too. All the musicians sounded fabulous, they had wine on tap, and we had assigned seats so we didn’t have to stand up for three hours. It was perfect .
5. I’m really enjoying mixing up my breakfasts with Amande yogurt. Maybe it’s my itch for spring, but I’m ready for some lighter, cooler breakfasts like parfaits, overnight oats, and smoothies. This morning was no different– even after a snowy run!
I had some vanilla amande mixed with pb2 and topped with sliced banana, walnuts, and sunbutter. Delicious!
Have a great Friday!
What are you up to this weekend? I’m doing lots of the usual + book club!