1. Sorry for disappearing last week. I had a few posts due for random things (including a guest post for the Run for Boston 5k) that totally ate up my blogging time. I’m hoping to get back into a blogging groove this week though…. starting with weekend things!
2. My office closed early on Friday afternoon so I was really happy to get home before 6 pm. I was not happy to see that Sonic had climbed back up into the ceiling while we were gone though.
Fortunately, he was able to get himself down but it seems that getting up there is his new thing. Ian and I are brainstorming ways to prevent him from climbing into the ceiling without having to do too much construction to our apartment (i.e. nailing up a board to block him). Any ideas?
3. Ian and I spent Friday night running errands and on Saturday, I headed out for a 6 mile run.
I used to run by the lake every morning but my new apartment is just shy of 3 miles from the lake and with coming back from an injury, I haven’t been running far enough to make it to the lake front. That changed twice this weekend though because I followed up my Saturday run with a nice 7 on Sunday.
4. Saturday was book club and I hosted this month. We discussed Stiff by Mary Roach, a book that a few of us really enjoyed, a few of us found creepy/boring/gross, and a few of us just didn’t have time to read. I actually really liked it, even though at first glance I thought it would be difficult to read. I think the authors humor and honesty really lightened up the subject matter and I learned a lot!
Like always the food was really tasty, the company was fabulous, and I really enjoyed seeing everyone!
5. After book club, a few people stayed around and we played Fruit Ninja on Ian’s Xbox Kinect.
You have no idea how much fun this game is until you try it plus it’s incredibly amusing to watch other people slice their hands through the air to hit the fruit!
6. On Sunday morning, Ian and I met up with Katie, Kelsey, Emily, Erin, and Erin’s husband, Jason, for some tacos and fun at the Maxwell Market. We walked around a bit first and I found a present for my mom:
She loves her toothpicks.
And then we got in line for some tacos! I was really hungry by this point and happily enjoyed two al pastor tacos with cilantro and onion and split a huge horchata with Ian that was bigger than my face.
I was quite the happy camper afterwards.
7. Ian and I ran some errands and then relaxed at home before heading out for cuban food for dinner. On our way back from the restaurant, we decided we wanted to figure out how to get on to our roof (we have a deck with grills and seating up there). It did not disappoint!
8. The weather was kinda crappy in Chicago on Monday so besides heading out for a short run and then giving Sonic another bath (he got really dirty in the ceiling), Ian and I just relaxed. I read my book, he played his video game, and I even managed to prep a bunch of food for the week. We’re going out of town on Friday and I know work is going to be extra busy this week + PT so the less time I have to spend thinking about meals and cooking the smoother my week will go!
How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun for Memorial Day?