Monday – Easy 9 miles on the treadmill (average pace – 8:33 min/mile)
Tuesday – 11 mile pyramid workout with intervals 400 m, 800 m, 1000 m, 1200 m, 1600 m, 1200 m, 1000 m, 800 m, 400 m at 5k race pace with 400 m recovery (average pace overall – 7:35 min/mile, interval pace – 6:39 min/mile) + 30 Day Shred Level 2
Wednesday – Easy 9 miles on the treadmill (average pace – 8:28 min/mile)
Thursday – 30 Day Shred Level 2
Friday – 11 mile treadmill tempo with 7 miles at marathon pace (average pace – 7:54 min/mile, mp miles – 7:39 min/mile) + 30 Day Shred Level 2
Saturday – Easy 8 miles on the treadmill (average pace – 8:30 min/mile) + 30 Day Shred Level 2
Sunday – 15 mile long run OUTSIDE (average pace – 8:17 min/mile) + 30 Day Shred Level 2
- I didn’t take many pictures this week because there are only so many gym selfies that I feel like I can subject you to. Surprisingly, I’m getting used to the treadmill but am starting to get concerned that my training will suffer because I’m not running outside. I’ve never used the treadmill this much! Hopefully, the weather will change in the next few weeks and I can do the majority (if not all) of my runs outside in March and April.
- I need hair tie recommendations! I have really thick hair and its long right now and my usual hair ties are not holding my hair off my neck. Any suggestions?
- I was absolutely dreading the pyramid run on Tuesday because it looks so difficult but it was actually fun and kept my mind occupied (mental math while running will do that). The 11 miles fleeeew by. My tempo run on Thursday dragged though and I usually love tempos.
- Running outside on Sunday was amazing, even if it was only 15 degrees (feels like 5) and my butt was numb when I finished.
- 30 Day Shred is still going! I had a crazy hectic week last week so I’m happy that I was able to do the shred five times. I’m over halfway done!