1. Last week, I made the most fabulous and easiest dinner ever, chicken and dumplings. The recipe was actually sent to me by a friend and it came highly recommended so I figured it would be pretty tasty but I was still completely blown away.
Go make this now.
2. I finally got a pair of boots, just in time for the second round of crazy snow and cold weather. I honestly don’t know how I made it through the first polar vortex without a pair but I will tell you my feetsies were always cold and wet. I actually had a pair of boots that somehow got lost in my move last winter so I was looking for a similar pair to replace them and I could not find boots in my size that I liked anywhere. So frustrating. I ended up buying a pair of rain boots and convincing myself to layer up on socks. It’s working so far.
3. Last Sunday, Ian and I wanted to go out to a nice dinner to celebrate a few things including not having to work on Monday. We hadn’t been to Avec in a while and we know some of the waitstaff there so we decided to give it another go. We split a bunch of food like paella, a brussels sprout panzanella, a cauliflower polenta dish, and then these bacon wrapped chorizo stuffed dates.
I’d honestly forgotten how good the food (AND wine) is at Avec. Props to any restaurant that serves each dish with a mini loaf of delicious crusty bread.
4. When I was on the treadmill last week (…actually, when wasn’t I running on the treadmill?) I started thinking about cross training and how I’d love to be able to fit 10-20 minutes of strength in almost every day. I originally thought of e-mailing a few people to ask for advice/plans but then I realized that I could actually figure it all out myself. Enter, the 30 Day Shred. I’ve attempted the shred before (I was in the middle of it when I started this blog many moons ago) but I’ve never completed it. So now I’m challenging myself to do so. I won’t be able to do it for 30 days straight unless I want to get up earlier on Wednesdays than I already do (and 4:15 is waaay too early already) but I’m going to do my best to complete 30 days of the workouts. The entire warm up, work out, and cool down takes less than 20 minutes so it’s completely doable and I’m hopeful that the habit of strength training will stick after I complete the 30 days.
5. Sonic got a new laser pointer for Christmas with a mouse shaped laser and he looooves it. It’s so much fun to watch him chase around a mini mouse or stalk it on the wall. I love that my cat (he’s almost 3) still likes to play like a kitten.
That’s all I have for ya, Happy Thursday!
How do you fit strength training in?