So in case you haven’t picked up on all of my complaining, my apartment was recently transported to the surface of the sun. Truth.
After another restless night spent laying on top of the covers with a fan pointed right at us plus waking up to find the thermostat in the kitchen reading 80 degrees, Ian and I finally decided to call property management to
bitch complain. Unfortunately this did not result in good news. Apparently, the city requires an apartment building to have heat readily available until June 1st. This of course means no AC for a long while.
So, until then if anyone wants to come over to use our free sauna please just let me know.
Here’s how I did on last week’s goals:
1. Try to get in bed every night by 11 p.m. (I say try because it’s midterms week!) Ehhh, I did really well until Wednesday night when I stayed up until midnight and then Thursday when I didn’t get until bed until 1:30 a.m. Granted I had a lot of work (that I finished), but it still left my pretty exhausted.
2. Keep snacking/stress eating to a minimum. I failed at this at the beginning of the week but did much better Thursday on..
3. Drink 3 bottles of water a day in addition to water before/after working out Definitely did this but the fact that my apartment is 80 degrees sure did help. I’m almost positive I averaged about 5 water bottles a day… and my bottle is 24 ounces…. and I didn’t have to go to the bathroom a zillion times a day.
My goals for this week are:
1. Drink 3 bottles of water a day
2. Keep snacking to a minimum
3. Finish the book that I’ve been reading since January
Alrighty, off to enjoy my sweltering Monday.
What are your goals/plans for the week?
Edited to add: Enough people must have complained and the AC is now on… take that city of Chicago!