Monday – Easy 10 mile run outside (average pace – 8:37 min/mile) + 30 Day Shred Level 3
Tuesday – 10 miles on the treadmill with 6 x 800 m intervals @ 5k pace with 400 m recovery (average pace – 8:03 min/mile)
Wednesday – Easy 9 mile run outside (average pace – 8:33 min/mile) + 30 Day Shred Level 3
Thursday – 30 Day Shred Level 3
Friday – 12 mile tempo run on the treadmill with 8 miles at marathon pace (average pace – 7:55 min/mile) + 30 Day Shred Level 3
Saturday – Easy 8 miles outside (average pace – 8:18 min/mile)
Sunday – 16 mile long run outside (average pace – 7:59 min/mile) + 30 Day Shred Level 3
- My body was tired this week. I think HMM is just catching up to me. HMM aims to wear out the legs (but not too much) so that you get used to running on tired legs but man, can that be difficult mentally and physically. I’m adding in extra mileage to the plan too so I’m trying to be super cautious and as a result, I decided to do my intervals on Tuesday a tiny bit slower than usual. It’s always better to be safe than sorry.
- It’s really annoying that I’m still having to differentiate which runs were on the treadmill and which were outside. They should all be outside by now!
- On Wednesday I saw two coyotes in the city (Chicago and Lakeshore Drive) while I was out running. It was pretty terrifying. They were somewhat riled up and kept crossing the road ahead of me. It was incredibly bizarre and shocking to see them downtown. I ended up stopping and trying to find a number to call because I was concerned for their safety as well as anyone else who might stumble upon them after me but I couldn’t find a place open that early in the morning. I ended up changing my route and never saw them again.
- The 30 Day Shred is still going and I’m slowly adapting to level 3. It’s so much harder (for me) than levels 1 and 2 though.
- My long run this week was really hard. My legs were tired and I felt way too lazy to go for a 16 mile run. I finished it strong though and felt so much better afterwards.