1. I had the most delicious dinner Wednesday night. Ian and I decided to make tacos so Ian heated up carnitas (from TJs), I repurposed black beans and roasted butternut squash by adding taco spices, and we put together a little taco toppings bar. It was absolutely amazin. I had mine with red onion and cilantro and one was topped with mole hot sauce and the other one was topped with Frontera salsa. Roasted brussels in truffle oil on the side for a perfect midweek meal.
2. Ian and I have been watch Dawson’s Creek on Netflix like it’s our job. I’m not sure why Ian is into it (maybe just to make me happy?) but we’ve torn through four seasons in about 2.5 weeks. Insane. I loved Dawson’s Creek back in the day but watching it now just reminds me of how glad I am that high school is behind me- life is so much less angsty.
3. I finally updated my goodreads account yesterday (although minimally) but I’m not sure what to do with it. I like that I can reference a list of books I want to read but I’m not quite sure how to use it for social media. Any suggestions? What’s the benefit of following someone?
4. It’s rained this morning and it’s supposed to rain all day on Sunday, my two longer run days this week. Not so lucky. My plan is to work with the weather and try to minimize my time on the dreadmill but I’m going to guess that the machine and I are going to get in some quality bonding time. Oh joy.
5. Last weekend I spotted Love Crunch Gingerbread granola at Whole Foods and decided to buy it. I love granola (a little bit too much) and this one is just fabulous, I cannot. get. enough. It’s finding it’s way into everything and anything. Thankfully it’s seasonal and I won’t be able to eat myself sick all year long.
What are your plans this weekend? I’m running and decorating Christmas cookies on Saturday!