1. This article from Runner’s World is awesome and makes me smile. It discusses how social media may actually improve running by forging connections between runners who might never have met if it hadn’t been for twitter or facebook. The article totally reminds me of how much blogging has impacted my life and how I’ve met so many great people through it!
2. If you’re still looking for a holiday gift for a runner, consider one of these running-related books. These aren’t your typical marathon stories but are more science-y. I would love to get my hands on either Tread Lightly or The Little Red Book of Running.
3. Any other Brooks Adrenaline fans out there? I was fortunate this time around that my need for new shoes coincided with the release of the Adrenaline 13s. I did a quick search and found the Adrenaline 12′s on sale for $70 at Finishline. Unfortunately it looks like Finishline has sold out, but the 12s are still on sale at Zappos for $90 (+ free shipping) if anyone needs a new pair!
4. I loved this article on 6 Ways to Copy the Offseason Breaks of Elite Runners, it made the elites seem more…. normal? I like the idea of taking an indefinite period of time off after a big race and then waiting until boredom hits before starting to train again. It seems so healthy and like a good way to prevent burnout.
5. In addition to the 20% off you can still save by signing up for pvBody with this link, you can also sign up using this link and receive a second top with your second order. That means that for $49.95 (pvBody increased their prices in December) you will receive a package in December with 1 top and 1 bottom and then in January you will receive two tops and one bottom. Awesome right?
6. In case you still need a little guidance, check out these tips for running outside during the winter.
Has social media affected your running? How do you recover after a big race?