1. For the past two weeks I have been challenging myself to eat at least one salad a day. I’m not trying to use salad as a way to eat less calories (trust me, I load up my salads) but I just feel so good when I eat them regularly. Right now I’m loving throwing roasted veggies, dried fruit, a nuts/seeds on top of a mix of baby spinach, baby kale, and baby chard. It’s delicious.
2. I wore the tanktop that I received from pv.Body (receive 20% off with that link) as my base layer on my run yesterday and I loved it! In my experience, tight tanktops tend to ride up, especially when working out. However, the Nux top stayed in place and I didn’t have to tug at it at all! I was super impressed! I did wear a bra underneath just in case it wasn’t supportive enough (I have a hunch it’s not).
3. Sonic has been super cuddly this week. Usually he hangs out near or next to us in the evening and then sleeps with us at night but lately he has been quite the cuddle bug. He wants to be in our laps, next to us all the time, and curls right up with us to go to sleep. He’s acting like quite the dependent kitty.
Ian with the little guy
4. I bought this awesome dark chocolate dried raspberry trail mix last weekend because I thought it would be great to pack some as snacks. Obviously in thinking this I was under the impression that I had an ounce of self-control around the delicious mix. WRONG. Besides the fistfulls to the mouth, the trail mix has been going on everything– waffles, oatmeal, and even my buckwheat bake this morning.
5. This week is a cut-back week from my training plan. Even though I was looking forward to it at the end of last week, I’m eager to get in some long runs soon. It was strange not running more than 8 miles this week and I’m not quite sure what to do with my 14 miler this weekend. Ha. You know you’re training for a marathon when 14 miles doesn’t seem like a long run!
An oldie but a good one!
Also, don’t forget to enter the giveaway for a $25 Amex card. I will pick a winner on Monday! Happy weekend!
What are your plans this weekend?