1. Last night I made these chipotle mashed sweet potatoes. I was actually quite proud of myself because (a) I’ve never made mashed potatoes before and (b) I actually had a well-rounded meal, my typical “meal in a bowl” was nowhere to be seen. As for the potatoes they were pretty good. I should had added more adobo sauce or tabasco though because they weren’t quite spicy enough for me.
2. I’m currently reading laughing my way through Bossypants. I seriously can’t believe how long it took me to get to it. In addition to making you think (ohh yeah getting a manicure is just like holding hands for an hour with a stranger), Tina Fey provides anecdotes from her life and behind the scenes stories from SNL. If you haven’t read it you should!
3. If you don’t get Active.com e-mails you might not have seen these awesome marathon spectator signs. My favorites are the Charlie Sheen one and the one that says “Pain is weakness leaving the body”.
4. Does anyone have any experience running in Brooks GTX shoes? They’re lined with a “breathable, waterproof GORE-TEX membrane” that I’m thinking might be good for running through the snow and slush of a Chicago winter. I’m not so worried about my feetsies getting wet but the form and support of the shoe staying intact. Any thoughts or experience with these? I’m looking at the Adrenaline GTX.
5. Today marked the return of the breakfast quesadilla. It’s been awhile! I spread half of a half with cashew butter and the other half of a half with peanut butter, topped it all with sliced banana, folded it in half, and then put it on the Foreman for 3-5 minutes. Delicious!
Any plans this weekend? Have you read Bossypants?