1. I have started doing this new thing on the weekends where after getting up between 5 and 6 a.m. to workout, I shower, eat, and then crawl back into bed. On both Saturday and Sunday I went back to sleep around 9 and didn’t wake up until 11. It was wonderful.
2. My obsession with veganaise continues. It is just so good blended into things. This weekend I mixed veganaise with jalapeno hot sauce and used it to top a veggie burger salad. Delicious.
3. Saturday was an errand day for us and not only did we return a car part and go to Walmart, we also finally checked out Stanley’s. Stanley’s is a produce market that has good products for less. We found Ranier cherries for $1.99 a pound and Bing cherries for $0.99 a box. Insanity! We ended up buying A LOT of produce for two people and walked out spending only $20. It was awesome.
4. I also did my usual brick workout. I rode 17 miles and then ran 3. My legs felt the best they had all week. Let’s hope that carries into next week.
5. Saturday’s mail brought this certificate courtesy of the ALS 5k. Free meal? I’m sold!
6. Saturday night, Ian and I enjoyed a date night. We went to Mista and Scooter’s, two places in Chicago worth checking out!
7. Sunday morning I woke up super early and ran 11 miles. Fortunately, it wasn’t too hot and I planned my run accordingly so that my last 4 miles or so were along the lake front path near water fountains. My right foot bothered me a bit but after walking or stopping to stretch it would feel better. I’m thinking I must have some sort of -itis because the pain is nothing like my heel fracture.
8. I refueled from my run with a peanut butter bomb smoothie. I halved the recipe but otherwise followed it pretty closely. It was amazing and I can’t wait to have another one!
9. For lunch on Sunday, Ian and I went to the Taste of Chicago. It was HOT but fun. I want to dedicate an entire post to the taste so I’m not going to go into too much detail right now, stay tuned for tomorrow!
10. Instead of launching into a new t.v. show, Ian and I have been watching movies. Last night we watched J. Edgar. It was good but a little dry; however, the acting was incredible! Go Leo!
11. I finally got around to trying this Earnest bar this morning.
I really liked it and alongside a persimmon and half of a protein shake, it made for a quick but filling breakfast.
Now tell me, what did you do this weekend?
Have a great Monday!