A few weeks ago (or last week, they’re all running together) the lovely Mary from minutes per mile nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger award. Thank you!
So now, I get to tell you 7 things about myself. Enjoy!
1) One of my favorite things about the blogging community is the sharing of ideas. Whether it be training tips or recipe ideas. I’ve actually starting hoarding recipes and I probably have 1,000 bookmarked. Last night, I made Emily‘s Roasted Cauliflower Tahini Salad. It was awesome!
2) I really don’t like feet. Especially toenails. I get the shivers every time I clip mine and I won’t even tell you how close I was to passing out when I lost the toenail on my pinkie toe.
3) I ran cross-country in 6th grade and really liked it. By 7th grade I had decided that running wasn’t a social enough sport and decided to play basketball instead (I really loved it basketball back then). Did I tell you I’m 5’3. #poorlifedecisions.
4) I can’t run/workout with iPhone ear buds. Instead I have to buy the old crappy clip-ons from CVS or Kmart so they stay in my ears. Does anyone else have this problem?
5) I don’t miss dairy all the much (besides cottage cheese) but overnight oats are not the same without it. Enter cold oatmeal. It’s much more filling than the raw oats and it’s cold. Win-win!
6) I used to drink like 4 diet coke cans a day. Then I decided it was unhealthy and cut cold turkey. I haven’t had one since.
7) I have really bad luck with electronics and cars. They always break/fall apart on me. My old car was a VW Beetle and it ALWAYS drove different/broke down whenever I drove it. However, it was totally fine for everyone else. I’m also a computer virus magnet. Don’t even ask my mom how many computers we had that got viruses. Yikes!
I’m also supposed to nominate 7 other bloggers but I think it’s more fun to get a discussion going in the comments. Tell me something about you!
In terms of workouts, tonight I’m running the Strike Out ALS 5k (you still can too, they will have registration open until 6:25 tonight!), so I kept my swim workout short and simple. Just 1,650 meters at more normal speed. Hopefully I’ll be able to get in some sprints later this week.
Have a wonderful Tuesday!