1. My food this past weekend was a series of repeats. Not because I was bored with what I was eating but because I’ve become obsessed with these vegan & gluten-free buckwheat pancakes
And sweet potatoes with white beans and almond meal sauce
And a mashed banana microwaved with almond butter and a chopped date
I’ve had each combo at least twice this weekend.
2) On Saturday I went to a pig roast for breast cancer research. It was car themed (Ian’s a car guy) and was called Scoobies for Boobies. Of course I could eat nothing at the event and the pig roast was a big turn off for me but the event was at a bar that had about 10 different games of bags. We played most of the day and it was really fun. The event also raised more than $2,500.
3) Workouts this weekend were pretty simple. On Friday I ran 6 miles, on Saturday I ran 5 miles, and then yesterday I swam 2,000 meters. I’m a little antsy to get back into normal workouts. My body has appreciated the break but is ready to get pushed a little harder.
4) Speaking of that, yesterday I signed up for my second triathlon. I’ll be doing the Naperville Sprint Triathlon on August 5. The swim is shorter than my previous tri and the bike is longer and I cannot wait!
5) I was badly in need of nice dress clothes to wear to work or other meeting so yesterday I went shopping. I have to say I scored some nice deals! I bought a gray skirt from Macy’s for $26 (originally around $90) as well as a dress from BCBG for $34 marked down from $218. Nordstrom Rack is my new favorite place to shop.
6) I was starving while I was out shopping yesterday and needed to grab something pronto so Ian and I stopped into Chipotle. While Chipotle cooks their beans and veggies in soybean oil, they use a highly refined soy bean oil that has been excluded as a major allergen. Even though I really shouldn’t have had some, I figured it would be okay and went for it. Enter the most delicious thing to touch my lips in 30 days.
Burrito bowl with brown rice, romaine, fajita veggies, black beans, pico, and guacamole (shared half of the guac with Ian post-picture). I felt fine yesterday and feel fine today so no regrets!
7) One of my new favorite summer snacks is sugar snap peas. They’re good with hummus or tahini but no dip is really needed.
8) If you’re curious what your favorite ex-MTV stars are doing now check out this slide show.
9) Last night I baked Ian How Sweet’s Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffin Bread. Of course it turned out looking delicious and I was tempted to pretend I hadn’t baked it with normal flour, eggs, and milk.
However, when putting away the ingredients I managed to spill cornstarch all over my laptop. Lovely.
10) Ian and I are halfway through season 4 of Mad Men but realized that Netflix does not have season 5 yet (duh). Does anyone have any suggestions of how to access it? We want to catch up!
11) I broke out of the pancake breakfast rut (see #1) and had a breakfast quesadilla this morning using a brown rice tortilla, almond butter, and banana. It was delicious!
And that is all I have for you today! Tell me, what was the highlight of your weekend?