This week has turned my mind to complete mush so instead of rambling on and on and on about whatever I figured I’d share some things I’ve been loving lately. Enjoy!
1) Mad Men. While Ian has not quite fallen in love with the show (he’s warming up to it) I am hooked. I am also quite thankful that I was born in the 80′s.
2) This salad. It’s so simple: sliced beet, edamame, and goat cheese mixed with sesame ginger vinaigrette. I may have eaten it three days in a row (hence the lack of food pictures) and I am not sick of it at all. I actually have plans to buy more of the ingredients so I can keep on munching this salad next week.
3) The pool. As much as running is my favorite activity there is nothing more refreshing than a dip in the pool. Swiming also give me a high totally unlike a runners high, it is much more calm and relaxed. I love feeling like I’ve used every muscle group.
4) This peanut butter bread. I made mine with brown rice flour and coconut milk and subbed some of the sugar with maple syrup. It is addicting and incredibly creamy. I HIGHLY recommend trying it.
5) Harry Potter. For real. I am totally rereading the HP books and loving every page of them. That is when I can stop being a grandma falling asleep with the book in my hands. I swear my letter just got lost in the mail. Hogwarts accepts 24 year olds right? I already have a cape!
6) Tacos. Yes I am currently taco obsessed. I had them Sunday night and then again tonight. I blame the amazing corn tortillas from TJs or the fact that I had an avocado to use up. Either way these shrimp tacos were fab.
7) Running races with Ian (tentative). We’re running the Color Run next weekend and I’ve already sent him info about another 5K later in the summer. I’m planning on making us cute little shirts to wear for the Color Run in order to foster his feelings about running. Think I can make a runner out of him? I have no shame, obviously.
8) Planning things for the weekend that I couldn’t do when I was still in school. The options are endless and I want to make up for lost time. Ian and I have an exciting excursion planned for tomorrow (thanks again Kelsey). Check back on Sunday for a recap!
9) Fuzzy slippers. I don’t think I need to explain this one, who doesn’t love warm slippers.
10) This cute face. It looks like the furbaby is tired. What can I say? Life is hard for a kitty cat.
Now its your turn, tell me what you’ve been loving lately!