Today was definitely a Moanday type of Monday.
By the way, don’t Google Moanday and expect to see cute pictures of grumpy animals.. you won’t, consider yourself warned .
So back to Moanday. First, after staying up too late last night, I actually slept through my alarm this morning. I can’t remember the last time I’ve done that! Fortunately (or maybe not), pesky little Sonic did not go back to sleep so alarm clock number two officially woke me up about 5 minutes later. Thanks furball.
Then, I got soaked on my way to work. I can’t even blame my ignorance of the rain because I checked the weather before I left my building, saw that the chance of rain was 30%, looked outside, and then put on a jacket sans hood. Guess what, within 5 minutes of walking I was dripping. Oh, but it gets better, $8 later with a 7-11 umbrella in hand it stopped raining. Glorious coincidence dontcha think?
And finally, I had to turn in an 83 page homework assignment and take a really difficult exam after a full day of work, ick! Oh and said umbrella is now chilling in the Lost and Found at the School of Public Health because in my haste to get out of my classroom as fast as possible, I most certaintly left in near my chair.
But there is always a silver lining and today’s is that all of this is over. My homework has been turned in and one exam of this crazy week is done with. Whew! Plus, Walking Dead is recorded on the DVR just waiting for Ian and me to watch it So I promise, no more complaining in this post!
Since I didn’t do a whole lot of food blogging this weekend, I thought I’d give you some looks at some of the delicious things I ate Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday lunch from Panozzo’s- a veggie sub
Sunday night dessert- chocolate mint fondue (aren’t we festive )
And lastly an update on Monday goals….
So guys I’ll admit it, I totally flopped on last weeks goals:
1. Get in bed every night by 11 p.m. I did this most nights but not Thursday, Saturday, or Sunday and I could feel a difference, especially on Friday, I felt like crap!
2. Avoid mindless snacking, especially on higher calorie foods like granola. I did really well during the week but not so well over the weekend and again I could tell. My stomach felt off most of Sunday and today and I’m guessing it has to do w/ granola +snackage overload.
3. Play with Sonic for 15 minutes every night before bed. We played more often but I can’t say it was right before bed. He did sleep through the night more often though.
4. Every night think of one positive thing that happened during the day and write it down. Again, I meant well and did this mentally throughout the day but I dropped the ball on blogging about them. I guess just thinking positively is what counts but I wanted to log them systematically.
I have another busy week ahead of me and I don’t want to set myself up to fail so I’m going to keep this week’s goals fairly simple.
Monday Goals 3/12/2012
1. Try to get in bed every night by 11 p.m. (I say try because it’s midterms week!)
2. Keep snacking/stress eating to a minimum
3. Drink 3 bottles of water a day in addition to water before/after working out
What are your goals this week?
Do you prefer to set goals that are easily attainable or ones that are more difficult?