It is going to seem like a super lazy Thursday and thats because it was! Today is probably the one and only day over break that I will be able to relax and not leave the apartment, so that is exactly what I did
Here we go- things I did Thursday…
(1) Caught up on my DVR i.e. Top Chef
Why can’t the chefs just get along? (image source)
(3) Had some leftovers and an awesome salad for lunch.
The salad has tomatoes, tangerine slices, sun-dried tomatoes, light mozzarella cheese, and a carrot ginger vinaigrette. The leftover portion was the savory bread pudding from dinner a few nights ago.
(4) I found out the work that needs to be done on my car may cost over $700, but I’ll know more tomorrow (as if that’s reassuring). I’m warning you- never buy a Volkswagen, you will spend twice as much on repairs and “specialty” parts than you spent on the actual car (image source).
(5) I cuddled with the furbaby on the couch.
That’s him laying on my chest, and who said cats aren’t affectionate?
(6) Watched the Ellen show. Did anyone else see it today? This guy proposed and his girlfriend said no! Ellen did a good job covering it up, but I still had to rewind it to watch it again. Crazy!
You can see the clip here. I can’t get it to embed for some reason.
(7) Roasted some asparagus for dinner. I had to be somewhat productive today… even if that productivity was geared towards filling my belly
I drizzled the asparagus with olive oil and then seasoned them with salt and pepper. Then I roasted them at 400 degrees for about 9 minutes.
They were the perfect side for my leftover pasta.
What did you do today? Anything out of the ordinary?